This is an approach to housing and support for people with disability based on the fundamental belief that every person has a right to lead their own life, to determine where, how, with whom they live and who provides them with support.
The agency provides support ranging from a few hours to 24hours a day to clients living in their own home or in a suitable or adapted accommodation. Client referrals come from local authorities or from privately paying individuals who require care because they may be physically disabled and/or have learning disabilities or sensory impairments.
What we do
The support we offer includes:
- Personal care
- Practical tasks -Support
and/or monitor clients carrying out their day to day living activities such as cooking, feeding, cleaning, laundry and other domestic tasks.
- Planning and attending community activities e.g places of entertainments and holidays
- Developing & promoting life skills and opportunities e.g identifying opportunities and supporting clients participating in areas of education, employment and other personal occupations.
- Budgeting and managing their finances e.g including keeping records education.
- Maintaining relationships e.g facilitating clients social networks
- We use a person-centred approach in planning, implementation and review of individual support plans.
- Teamwork & effective communication ensure the success of our care team.
- We use of Assistive Technology (AT) is used to promote independence.